Scorchers score a 10-run win over Heat in Big Bash League
Perth: Perth Scorchers leapt to fourth position in Twenty20 Big Bash League table by narrowly beating the Brisbane Heat at the WACA Ground here Thursday.
Electing to bat first, the Scorchers were given a flying start by captain Marcus North (40) and hard-hitting South African Herchelle Gibbs (38), who together strung a 80-run partnership off just 47 balls. However, the home team could not capitalise on the good start and struggled to reach 162 for eight.
In reply, Brisbane had a solid start and needed to score at 10-runs per over in the last five but a flurry of wickets towards the end of the innings meant that they fell short by 10 runs.
Perth Scorchers 162/8 in 20 overs (Marcus North 40, Herchelle Gibbs 38; Daniel Christian 2-27, Michael Neser 2-23) vs. Brisbane Heat (Peter Forrest 59, Matthew Hayden 33; Nathan Rimmington 2-36, Ben Edmondson 2-33)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'