Scorchers score a 10-run win over Heat in Big Bash League
Perth: Perth Scorchers leapt to fourth position in Twenty20 Big Bash League table by narrowly beating the Brisbane Heat at the WACA Ground here Thursday.
Electing to bat first, the Scorchers were given a flying start by captain Marcus North (40) and hard-hitting South African Herchelle Gibbs (38), who together strung a 80-run partnership off just 47 balls. However, the home team could not capitalise on the good start and struggled to reach 162 for eight.
In reply, Brisbane had a solid start and needed to score at 10-runs per over in the last five but a flurry of wickets towards the end of the innings meant that they fell short by 10 runs.
Perth Scorchers 162/8 in 20 overs (Marcus North 40, Herchelle Gibbs 38; Daniel Christian 2-27, Michael Neser 2-23) vs. Brisbane Heat (Peter Forrest 59, Matthew Hayden 33; Nathan Rimmington 2-36, Ben Edmondson 2-33)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof