Scorchers score a 10-run win over Heat in Big Bash League
Perth: Perth Scorchers leapt to fourth position in Twenty20 Big Bash League table by narrowly beating the Brisbane Heat at the WACA Ground here Thursday.
Electing to bat first, the Scorchers were given a flying start by captain Marcus North (40) and hard-hitting South African Herchelle Gibbs (38), who together strung a 80-run partnership off just 47 balls. However, the home team could not capitalise on the good start and struggled to reach 162 for eight.
In reply, Brisbane had a solid start and needed to score at 10-runs per over in the last five but a flurry of wickets towards the end of the innings meant that they fell short by 10 runs.
Perth Scorchers 162/8 in 20 overs (Marcus North 40, Herchelle Gibbs 38; Daniel Christian 2-27, Michael Neser 2-23) vs. Brisbane Heat (Peter Forrest 59, Matthew Hayden 33; Nathan Rimmington 2-36, Ben Edmondson 2-33)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre