Scotland seamer Blain released from T20 squad
Nottingham, June 02: Scotland seamer Blain has been released from the team`s Twenty20 World Cup squad after he left the camp following a heated team meeting, a Cricket Scotland official said on Monday.
Blain, 30, was replaced by Calum MacLeod after the International Cricket Council`s technical committee allowed the switch. In a media release, the ICC said Blain had withdrawn from the event for "personal reasons". Blain conceded 43 runs from his four overs in his only practice match against Bangladesh on Friday.
"After a practice match on Saturday there was a team meeting and some harsh words were said," Cricket Scotland Chief Executive Roddy Smith told reporters. "John then decided he wanted to leave the squad."
"The replacement definitely wasn`t made on medical grounds. The ICC obviously didn`t want us to go into the tournament with only 14 players in our squad instead of 15."
Blain is one of the most experienced players in the Scotland team after playing county cricket for Northamptonshire and Yorkshire.
Scotland open their campaign against New Zealand at the Oval on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Germany desperate to rewrite history against Italy in Euro 2016 quarter-final
- Playing with lives of soldiers? Jawans in Siachen may have been given substandard snow suits to fight -60 deg C
- Euro 2016: Spain veteran Iker Casillas hints at retirement after team's defeat against Italy
- Jailed ex-MP Shahabuddin shifted to AIIMS
- Facebook to give more prominence to family and friends, not media