Scotland seamer Blain released from T20 squad
Nottingham, June 02: Scotland seamer Blain has been released from the team`s Twenty20 World Cup squad after he left the camp following a heated team meeting, a Cricket Scotland official said on Monday.
Blain, 30, was replaced by Calum MacLeod after the International Cricket Council`s technical committee allowed the switch. In a media release, the ICC said Blain had withdrawn from the event for "personal reasons". Blain conceded 43 runs from his four overs in his only practice match against Bangladesh on Friday.
"After a practice match on Saturday there was a team meeting and some harsh words were said," Cricket Scotland Chief Executive Roddy Smith told reporters. "John then decided he wanted to leave the squad."
"The replacement definitely wasn`t made on medical grounds. The ICC obviously didn`t want us to go into the tournament with only 14 players in our squad instead of 15."
Blain is one of the most experienced players in the Scotland team after playing county cricket for Northamptonshire and Yorkshire.
Scotland open their campaign against New Zealand at the Oval on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say