Scotland seamer Blain released from T20 squad
Nottingham, June 02: Scotland seamer Blain has been released from the team`s Twenty20 World Cup squad after he left the camp following a heated team meeting, a Cricket Scotland official said on Monday.
Blain, 30, was replaced by Calum MacLeod after the International Cricket Council`s technical committee allowed the switch. In a media release, the ICC said Blain had withdrawn from the event for "personal reasons". Blain conceded 43 runs from his four overs in his only practice match against Bangladesh on Friday.
"After a practice match on Saturday there was a team meeting and some harsh words were said," Cricket Scotland Chief Executive Roddy Smith told reporters. "John then decided he wanted to leave the squad."
"The replacement definitely wasn`t made on medical grounds. The ICC obviously didn`t want us to go into the tournament with only 14 players in our squad instead of 15."
Blain is one of the most experienced players in the Scotland team after playing county cricket for Northamptonshire and Yorkshire.
Scotland open their campaign against New Zealand at the Oval on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you