Seamer-friendly English conditions will suit my bowling: Bhuvneshwar
Jaipur: Picked in the Indian squad for the upcoming Champions Trophy, Bhuvneshwar Kumar is confident of making the opportunity count and says the seamer-friendly conditions in England and Wales will "assist" his style of bowling.
Kumar was yesterday included in the 15-member squad for the 50-over tournament, to be held from June 6 to 23.
"I am feeling very happy for my selection. I am confident of doing well there as the conditions will assist my style of pace bowling," Kumar told PTI here.
The selectors opted for five seamers, and the list included the name of the 22-year-old Uttar Pradesh player.
Kumar said he will stick to the basics and would not look to experiment too much with his pace and variation.
"I wanted to be a part of this team. I will stick to my basics, just try to bowl within my limits. I won`t experiment much with my pace and variation," he said.
Kumar, who is playing for Pune Warriors in the ongoing Indian Premier League, said the team would look to win its next five games in the tournament.
Warriors are lying at the bottom of the points table with just two wins from 11 matches.
"We are virtually out of the play-off race, efforts would be to win our next five games, which will help boost our morale. There were patches when we haven`t performed well but that`s part and parcel of the game. Some teams perform well, some don`t," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- DNA: Govt claims no power shortage, but India looms in darkness
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 28, 2015
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490