Second Test, 2nd Day: Khurram Manzoor leads Pakistan reply
Harare: Khurram Manzoor made a patient half-century as Pakistan reached 95 for two at tea in reply to Zimbabwe`s first innings total of 294 on the second day of the second Test against Pakistan on Wednesday.
Manzoor, who was recalled for the Zimbabwe series after more than three years out of the Test team, was on 51 not out at the Harare Sports Club.
Younis Khan, who made an unbeaten double century in Pakistan`s win in the first Test, was unbeaten on 13.
Manzoor, who survived confident appeals for a catch behind the wicket and leg before wicket early in his innings, showed good timing as he hit nine fours in reaching his fourth Test half-century off 119 balls.
Mohammad Hafeez made 22, his highest score of a poor year in Test cricket, before he was caught at first slip off left-arm fast bowler Brian Vitori, while Azhar Ali made only seven before he was lbw to the accurate Tinashe Panyangara.
Pakistan endured a frustrating morning as it took them more than an hour and one ball short of 20 overs to capture the last two Zimbabwe wickets after the home side resumed at 235 for eight.
Junaid Khan took his fourth wicket of the innings when Prosper Utseya hooked a short ball to deep backward square leg after making a stubborn 22 off 82 balls.
Tendai Chatara and Brian Vitori added 46 for the last wicket, enjoying some fortune but were seldom being threatened by some unimpressive Pakistan bowling on an easy-paced pitch.
Cracks were visible on the surface but the bounce was mainly predictable.
Junaid finished the innings with four for 67 but in eight overs on Wednesday was unable to recapture the menace he showed on the first day.
Off-spinner Saeed Ajmal, who took 11 wickets in Pakistan`s win in the first Test at the same venue, sent down seven overs without adding to his single wicket of the first day.
Left-arm spinner Abdur Rehman ended Zimbabwe`s resistance when he trapped Chatara leg before wicket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- Sudha Shivpuri aka 'Baa' of 'Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' dies
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Bihar Intermediate Result 2015 declared
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'