Seelaar rejoices at getting Sachin`s wicket
New Delhi: Little-known Dutch spinner Pieter Seelaar made quite an impression with three wickets against India but for him, the most special of the those scalps was undoubtedly the legendary Sachin Tendulkar.
India beat the Netherlands by five wickets in a Group B match last night but Seelaar did well for himself by scalping three big names in Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag and the big-hitting Yusuf Pathan.
"To get these three wickets is special. Usually you don`t bowl to that calibre of player. It gets the best out of you and I think it`s a very good experience," Seelaar said after the match.
Asked which one of the three was the biggest for him, pat came the reply, "It`s Tendulkar, mate."
"He is the best player in the world. To get his wicket was a very special moment for me and obviously I didn`t know what I was doing at that particular moment. I`m very happy with Tendulkar`s wicket," he added.
On whether had any special plans while bowling to Tendulkar, he said he had watched Irish teenager George Dockrell bowling to the champion batsman during the India-Ireland match.
"I had watched Dockrell bowl to Tendulkar in that match. I saw Tendulkar was not very comfortable in the areas he was bowling", he explained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir LIVE: Violence at student organisations' protest in Coimbatore, 5 students injured
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog