Sehwag likely to miss Brisbane ODI against Australia
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Brisbane: Virender Sehwag is unlikely to play against Australia on Sunday as reports suggested he is yet to recover fully from the back injury, which forced him to sit out of the match against Sri Lanka.
Senior batsman Sehwag is yet to find form in the series. India go in to the match on a high after finding the much needed boost after two victories and a tie against Sri Lanka that followed.
Australia, meanwhile, suddenly looked out of sorts with two losses back-to-back and the poor form of their explosive batsman David Warner is costing them dearly. After a superb performance in the Test series against India, Ricky Ponting has also been struggling in the ODIs. Ponting has only 11 runs from four innings at an average of 2.75 in the present series.
Meanwhile, India’s record in the last two ODIs at the Gabba would motivate the team. They have won their past two one-day internationals against Australia at the Gabba. However, Australia haven`t been beaten in Brisbane since that last loss to India, in March 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!