Sehwag likely to miss Brisbane ODI against Australia
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Brisbane: Virender Sehwag is unlikely to play against Australia on Sunday as reports suggested he is yet to recover fully from the back injury, which forced him to sit out of the match against Sri Lanka.
Senior batsman Sehwag is yet to find form in the series. India go in to the match on a high after finding the much needed boost after two victories and a tie against Sri Lanka that followed.
Australia, meanwhile, suddenly looked out of sorts with two losses back-to-back and the poor form of their explosive batsman David Warner is costing them dearly. After a superb performance in the Test series against India, Ricky Ponting has also been struggling in the ODIs. Ponting has only 11 runs from four innings at an average of 2.75 in the present series.
Meanwhile, India’s record in the last two ODIs at the Gabba would motivate the team. They have won their past two one-day internationals against Australia at the Gabba. However, Australia haven`t been beaten in Brisbane since that last loss to India, in March 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tour de France: Chris Froome extends lead despite crash as Romain Bardet wins stage
- Missing IAF plane: Parrikar likely to visit Chennai tomorrow
- SHOCKING: FC Goa co-owners Dempo, Salgaocar 'quit' Indian Super League
- WHO, World Bank report urges healthcare reforms in China
- IMF boss Lagarde to stand trial over $400 mn Tapie payout