Sehwag unveils ICC World T-20 trophy in Indore
Indore: Indian cricketer Virender Sehwag on Wednesday unveiled the ICC World Twenty20 Championship trophy at a function.
In a statement issued on the occasion, Sehwag said the excitement is building across the world as the ICC World T20, to be held in September-October this year in Sri Lanka, is nearing.
"It is a fantastic news that the trophy will tour Delhi, Mumbai and Indore, and I have enjoyed meeting Reliance staff and trade partners in Indore," Sehwag said.
When asked to comment on the event, Sehwag thanked the people of Indore for hosting the trophy preview.
State Industry Minister and Indore Divisional Cricket Association president Kailash Vijayvergiya and BJP MLA Dhruv Narayan Singh also joined the trophy Preview event at a five-star hotel.
The silver trophy would be taken in an open vehicle for public viewing all around the city.
Meanwhile, expressing resentment over their alleged neglect at the trophy preview event, functionaries of Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association (MPCA) did not participate in the programme.
MPCA former and present functionaries including M K Bhargava, Narendra Menon, Naresh Punjabi went outside the hall of the five-star hotel when the Reliance Communication representative invited Vijayvergiya, BJP MLAs D N Singh and Ramesh Mandola along with Sehwag on the dais.
Vijayvergiya said the "MPCA members should have a bigger heart as it was the event of Reliance where he was invited as a guest. It was the company's decision whom to call on dais," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- No ''tech traces'' of American University attack found: Pakistan to Afghanistan
- Intex unveils Cloud Tread smartphone for multi-taskers at Rs 4,999
- India vs West Indies, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, venue, TV listing, live streaming
- Need to change laws, speed up processes to transform India: PM Narendra Modi
- Maharashtra's internal security law a 'jolt to democracy', says Shiv Sena