Sehwag unveils ICC World T-20 trophy in Indore
Indore: Indian cricketer Virender Sehwag on Wednesday unveiled the ICC World Twenty20 Championship trophy at a function.
In a statement issued on the occasion, Sehwag said the excitement is building across the world as the ICC World T20, to be held in September-October this year in Sri Lanka, is nearing.
"It is a fantastic news that the trophy will tour Delhi, Mumbai and Indore, and I have enjoyed meeting Reliance staff and trade partners in Indore," Sehwag said.
When asked to comment on the event, Sehwag thanked the people of Indore for hosting the trophy preview.
State Industry Minister and Indore Divisional Cricket Association president Kailash Vijayvergiya and BJP MLA Dhruv Narayan Singh also joined the trophy Preview event at a five-star hotel.
The silver trophy would be taken in an open vehicle for public viewing all around the city.
Meanwhile, expressing resentment over their alleged neglect at the trophy preview event, functionaries of Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association (MPCA) did not participate in the programme.
MPCA former and present functionaries including M K Bhargava, Narendra Menon, Naresh Punjabi went outside the hall of the five-star hotel when the Reliance Communication representative invited Vijayvergiya, BJP MLAs D N Singh and Ramesh Mandola along with Sehwag on the dais.
Vijayvergiya said the "MPCA members should have a bigger heart as it was the event of Reliance where he was invited as a guest. It was the company's decision whom to call on dais," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city