Sehwag unveils ICC World T-20 trophy in Indore
Indore: Indian cricketer Virender Sehwag on Wednesday unveiled the ICC World Twenty20 Championship trophy at a function.
In a statement issued on the occasion, Sehwag said the excitement is building across the world as the ICC World T20, to be held in September-October this year in Sri Lanka, is nearing.
"It is a fantastic news that the trophy will tour Delhi, Mumbai and Indore, and I have enjoyed meeting Reliance staff and trade partners in Indore," Sehwag said.
When asked to comment on the event, Sehwag thanked the people of Indore for hosting the trophy preview.
State Industry Minister and Indore Divisional Cricket Association president Kailash Vijayvergiya and BJP MLA Dhruv Narayan Singh also joined the trophy Preview event at a five-star hotel.
The silver trophy would be taken in an open vehicle for public viewing all around the city.
Meanwhile, expressing resentment over their alleged neglect at the trophy preview event, functionaries of Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association (MPCA) did not participate in the programme.
MPCA former and present functionaries including M K Bhargava, Narendra Menon, Naresh Punjabi went outside the hall of the five-star hotel when the Reliance Communication representative invited Vijayvergiya, BJP MLAs D N Singh and Ramesh Mandola along with Sehwag on the dais.
Vijayvergiya said the "MPCA members should have a bigger heart as it was the event of Reliance where he was invited as a guest. It was the company's decision whom to call on dais," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!