Selectors` Communication channel need to improve: CA
Sydney: Cricket Australia wants the national selectors to convey their decision to public in a better way in the wake of confusion and debate surrounding the sacking of wicket-keeper Brad Haddin.
CA had excluded Haddin from the side for the One-day tri-series but insisted that he has been rested. However, now CA has confirmed, after 19 days, that Haddin had indeed been dropped.
This is exactly what Haddin had told in a radio interview on January 31.
Chairman of National Selection Panel John Inverarity did not given any explanation that why the 34-year-old had been overlooked in favour of Matthew Wade for the match against Sri Lanka and Sunday`s game against India.
"We`re not comfortable with the level of uncertainty and public discussion on this particular matter. If there are things that need to be made clearer in the public place and they`re not then they`re things we need to improve," CA CEO James Sutherland was quoted as saying by a daily.
"We owe that to cricket fans and the country. Looking back on it, something clearly has gone awry," he said.
Like former selection chairman Hilditch, new NSP Chairman Inverarity is also understood to not consider speaking to the media as a part of his brief.
Sutherland also spoke about Channel Nine`s decision to broadcast the first-round NRL game between Parramatta and Brisbane, on March 2, on its primary channel in Sydney and Brisbane rather than Australia`s clash with Sri Lanka.
"My view is that cricket is an international sport, it`s the Australian cricket team playing in that match in the Commonwealth Bank one-day series and the Australian cricket team should be the priority, that`s my view," Sutherland said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’