Senanayake suspended from bowling
Dubai: The ICC today confirmed that an independent test had found the bowling action of Sri Lanka off-spinner Sachithra Senanayake to be illegal and the player has been suspended from bowling in international cricket.
A comprehensive analysis revealed that all deliveries exceeded the 15 degrees level of tolerance permitted under the relevant regulations.
Senanayake, who was reported after the fourth One-Day International against England at Lord`s last month, can apply for re-assessment after he has modified his bowling action in accordance with clause 2.4 of the Regulations for the Review of Bowlers Reported with Suspected Illegal Bowling Actions.
The independent analysis was performed at the Cardiff Metropolitan University, Cardiff School of Sport, Cardiff, on June 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden