Senanayake suspended from bowling
Dubai: The ICC today confirmed that an independent test had found the bowling action of Sri Lanka off-spinner Sachithra Senanayake to be illegal and the player has been suspended from bowling in international cricket.
A comprehensive analysis revealed that all deliveries exceeded the 15 degrees level of tolerance permitted under the relevant regulations.
Senanayake, who was reported after the fourth One-Day International against England at Lord`s last month, can apply for re-assessment after he has modified his bowling action in accordance with clause 2.4 of the Regulations for the Review of Bowlers Reported with Suspected Illegal Bowling Actions.
The independent analysis was performed at the Cardiff Metropolitan University, Cardiff School of Sport, Cardiff, on June 29.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'