Senior Indian players object to Ajmal’s action: Report
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Dhaka: Senior Indian players have reportedly raised questions regarding the validity of Pakistan’s off-spinner Saeed Ajmal’s bowling action, objecting that the bowler violates the chucking rules laid down by the International Cricket Council (ICC).
It was learnt that some of the senior members of Indian cricket team were unhappy with Ajmal’s action. Though they did not lodge any official complaint, it was reported that they spoke to ICC CEO Haroon Lorgat and asked him to look into the matter after India pulled off a sensational victory against Pakistan.
Earlier, his action was questioned, especially by the English media after England were routed by Pakistan in the last month in which the offie played a significant role.
In the Asia Cup match against Pakistan on Sunday, Indian batsmen played Ajmal cautiously as it was evident that they were facing problems in differentiating the normal off-spinning deliveries and the doosras.
The team management seemed livid after Sachin got out off a doosra by Ajmal.
However, ICC chief Haroon Lorgat said, “He (Ajmal) bowls with the tolerance degree. From a naked eye it looks different and technically it looks different. So, technically Ajaml's action is within the limits”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read