Senior members of Indian squad land in Mumbai
Mumbai: Senior cricketers Sachin Tendulkar and Zahir Khan, along with Rohit Sharma and Umesh Yadav, arrived here tonight from Australia on conclusion of the Indian tour.
Tendulkar, Zahir, Sharma and Yadav had separated from rest of the squad at Singapore to take a connecting flight to Mumbai.
While Zaheer and Yadav have been rested for India`s next engagement, Asia Cup in Bangladesh, Tendulkar and Rohit are part of the squad to take part in the event commencing March 11.
Rohit has also been named in the Mumbai squad to take part in the Vijay Hazare Trophy one-day inter-zonal tournament in Delhi from next week.
India had a disastrous tour of Australia losing the Test series 4-0 and failing to make the finals of the triangular ODI.
Sri Lanka will take on Australia in the best of three finals commencing Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Has this former Australian cricketer been approached for ‘Housefull 4’?
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: 1st Test, Day 4 — As it happened...
- Indian national, on death row in Indonesia, not executed: Sushma Swaraj
- West Indies vs India 2016: I'm not too worried about my form, says Cheteshwar Pujara
- Maruti to transport vehicles on water!