Senior members of Indian squad land in Mumbai
Mumbai: Senior cricketers Sachin Tendulkar and Zahir Khan, along with Rohit Sharma and Umesh Yadav, arrived here tonight from Australia on conclusion of the Indian tour.
Tendulkar, Zahir, Sharma and Yadav had separated from rest of the squad at Singapore to take a connecting flight to Mumbai.
While Zaheer and Yadav have been rested for India`s next engagement, Asia Cup in Bangladesh, Tendulkar and Rohit are part of the squad to take part in the event commencing March 11.
Rohit has also been named in the Mumbai squad to take part in the Vijay Hazare Trophy one-day inter-zonal tournament in Delhi from next week.
India had a disastrous tour of Australia losing the Test series 4-0 and failing to make the finals of the triangular ODI.
Sri Lanka will take on Australia in the best of three finals commencing Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh