Senior members of Indian squad land in Mumbai
Mumbai: Senior cricketers Sachin Tendulkar and Zahir Khan, along with Rohit Sharma and Umesh Yadav, arrived here tonight from Australia on conclusion of the Indian tour.
Tendulkar, Zahir, Sharma and Yadav had separated from rest of the squad at Singapore to take a connecting flight to Mumbai.
While Zaheer and Yadav have been rested for India`s next engagement, Asia Cup in Bangladesh, Tendulkar and Rohit are part of the squad to take part in the event commencing March 11.
Rohit has also been named in the Mumbai squad to take part in the Vijay Hazare Trophy one-day inter-zonal tournament in Delhi from next week.
India had a disastrous tour of Australia losing the Test series 4-0 and failing to make the finals of the triangular ODI.
Sri Lanka will take on Australia in the best of three finals commencing Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH