Sethi says resigned to fulfill promise of not playing `long innings` in PCB
Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Najam Sethi has said that he has fulfilled his promise of not playing a long innings in the PCB by resigning last week.
Sethi strongly dismissed various allegations levelled against him by opposition parties with reference to him having been awarded the top cricket post as a favour by the ruling PML-N for his role as caretaker Punjab chief minister in the last general elections.
Addressing an Iftar dinner gathering held in his honour by former LCCA president Khawaja Nadeem Ahmad on Thursday, Sethi said that he has lived up to his promise of not clinging to the PCB post forever and Friday would be his last working day as the Board`s chairman, The Dawn reported.
Sethi also said that the prime minister had offered him this post after taking him to a separate room during a function, where he showed him a list of 35 people who were keen to bag the chairman PCB`s job.
Sethi revealed that the PM said that he wanted to give this post to him in order to put things right at the PCB and for restoring the country`s image at the ICC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’