Shahid Afridi injures thumb, in doubt for first Twenty20 against Australia
Sharjah: Pakistan all rounder Shahid Afridi is in doubt for tonight’s opening Twenty20 match against Australia because of a thumb injury.
The No.4-ranked bowler in T20 Internationals hurt his left thumb while fielding off his own bowling in Pakistan’s loss to Australia in the third and deciding one-day international in Sharjah on Monday night.
Afridi failed with the bat with scores of 0 and seven and took only one wicket in two ODIs against Australia in the just-completed series, missing game two with a sore back, the AAP reports.
Pakistan team manager Naveed Akram Cheema said: “His left thumb was wounded quite badly. The skin tore off and blood was oozing. He`s received two stitches."
“The doctors intend to examine the intensity of the wound, how far can it be healed. Shahid`s availability for the next match depends on the medical examination and expert views.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- Space X Dragon successfully splashes down in Pacific Ocean with crucial NASA research samples
- Good news! Shahid Kapoor and wifey Mira Rajput blessed with a baby girl
- Obama establishes world`s largest marine reserve in Hawaii
- Canadian twins plead guilty to terrorism, face jail time
- Apple issues update after cyber weapon captured