Shahid Afridi injures thumb, in doubt for first Twenty20 against Australia
Sharjah: Pakistan all rounder Shahid Afridi is in doubt for tonight’s opening Twenty20 match against Australia because of a thumb injury.
The No.4-ranked bowler in T20 Internationals hurt his left thumb while fielding off his own bowling in Pakistan’s loss to Australia in the third and deciding one-day international in Sharjah on Monday night.
Afridi failed with the bat with scores of 0 and seven and took only one wicket in two ODIs against Australia in the just-completed series, missing game two with a sore back, the AAP reports.
Pakistan team manager Naveed Akram Cheema said: “His left thumb was wounded quite badly. The skin tore off and blood was oozing. He`s received two stitches."
“The doctors intend to examine the intensity of the wound, how far can it be healed. Shahid`s availability for the next match depends on the medical examination and expert views.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?
- F-16s right platform for Pakistan's counter terrorism war: US
- In fight against impeachment, Brazil President Dilma Rousseff tries to win left support