Shahid Afridi vows to capitalize on ‘last chance’ in ODI series against Proteas
Pakistan: Former Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi is confident of making a successful comeback in the one-day Internationals, targeting key performances in the upcoming five-match ODI series against South Africa, according to a source.
This has come in the light of Pakistan Cricket Board’s (PCB) chief selector Iqbal Qasim describing the recall of the all-rounder as his ‘last chance’, indicating that failure to perform again might bring Afridi’s career in the format to an end, the Express Tribune reports.
According to the source, Afridi was concentrating on doing well in South Africa and is not thinking about failure and its repercussions.
The source added that Afridi, who loved a challenge and has performed under similar circumstances in the past, wanted to justify his selection by making another successful comeback against the Proteas.
The source further said that Afridi has been working hard to improve in both batting and bowling and is optimistic about playing against a tough opposition in South Africa.
Former Pakistan coach Mohsin Khan has also supported Afridi’s selection and said that it is a boost for the team which has struggled in the Test series against the Proteas. Slamming the ‘last chance’ remarks of the selector, Khan said that Afridi may be inconsistent but he is a match winning all-rounder and added that when the star all-rounder performed his team ended with a win most of the time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das