Shahzad, Shafiq included in Pakistan squad for Test series against Proteas
Karachi: The Pakistan Cricket Board has announced the inclusion of three batsmen in the squad that will play the Test series against South Africa in the United Arab Emirates from October 14.
The PCB said today that openers, Shan Masood, Ahmed Shahzad and middle order batsmen, Asad Shafiq had been included in the squad which means that Pakistan will be going into the series with just three pace bowlers plus three specialist spinners.
Uncapped left handed opener, Masood who also toured Zimbabwe recently for the Tests, without getting a look-in and Shahzad both scored half centuries in the three day side match against South Africa in Sharjah this week.
Shafiq has been struggling for form but the national selectors have decided to repose confidence in him.
The Pakistan squad for the Test series: Khurrum Manzoor, Ahmed Shahzad, Shaan Masood, Misbah-ul-Haq, Azhar Ali, Younis Khan, Umar Amin, Asad Shafiq, Adnan Akmal, Saeed Ajmal, Zulfiqar Babar, Abdul Rehman, Rahat Ali, Muhammad Irfan, Junaid Khan.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'