Shahzad, Shafiq included in Pakistan squad for Test series against Proteas
Karachi: The Pakistan Cricket Board has announced the inclusion of three batsmen in the squad that will play the Test series against South Africa in the United Arab Emirates from October 14.
The PCB said today that openers, Shan Masood, Ahmed Shahzad and middle order batsmen, Asad Shafiq had been included in the squad which means that Pakistan will be going into the series with just three pace bowlers plus three specialist spinners.
Uncapped left handed opener, Masood who also toured Zimbabwe recently for the Tests, without getting a look-in and Shahzad both scored half centuries in the three day side match against South Africa in Sharjah this week.
Shafiq has been struggling for form but the national selectors have decided to repose confidence in him.
The Pakistan squad for the Test series: Khurrum Manzoor, Ahmed Shahzad, Shaan Masood, Misbah-ul-Haq, Azhar Ali, Younis Khan, Umar Amin, Asad Shafiq, Adnan Akmal, Saeed Ajmal, Zulfiqar Babar, Abdul Rehman, Rahat Ali, Muhammad Irfan, Junaid Khan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui