Shahzad, Shafiq included in Pakistan squad for Test series against Proteas
Karachi: The Pakistan Cricket Board has announced the inclusion of three batsmen in the squad that will play the Test series against South Africa in the United Arab Emirates from October 14.
The PCB said today that openers, Shan Masood, Ahmed Shahzad and middle order batsmen, Asad Shafiq had been included in the squad which means that Pakistan will be going into the series with just three pace bowlers plus three specialist spinners.
Uncapped left handed opener, Masood who also toured Zimbabwe recently for the Tests, without getting a look-in and Shahzad both scored half centuries in the three day side match against South Africa in Sharjah this week.
Shafiq has been struggling for form but the national selectors have decided to repose confidence in him.
The Pakistan squad for the Test series: Khurrum Manzoor, Ahmed Shahzad, Shaan Masood, Misbah-ul-Haq, Azhar Ali, Younis Khan, Umar Amin, Asad Shafiq, Adnan Akmal, Saeed Ajmal, Zulfiqar Babar, Abdul Rehman, Rahat Ali, Muhammad Irfan, Junaid Khan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- India needs $1.5 trillion for infrastructure development: Arun Jaitley
- IIFA 2016: Why should girls have all the fun? Ranveer-Fawad-Karan shoot up dapper quotient
- Salman Khan flaunting his biceps in new 'Sultan' still will leave you flabbergasted! - View pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani': Priyanka Chopra congratulates Sanjay Leela Bhansali for 'Best Director' award at IIFA 2016!
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! Chris Gayle goes berserk as Portugal pip Croatia in Euro 2016