Shahzad, Shafiq included in Pakistan squad for Test series against Proteas
Karachi: The Pakistan Cricket Board has announced the inclusion of three batsmen in the squad that will play the Test series against South Africa in the United Arab Emirates from October 14.
The PCB said today that openers, Shan Masood, Ahmed Shahzad and middle order batsmen, Asad Shafiq had been included in the squad which means that Pakistan will be going into the series with just three pace bowlers plus three specialist spinners.
Uncapped left handed opener, Masood who also toured Zimbabwe recently for the Tests, without getting a look-in and Shahzad both scored half centuries in the three day side match against South Africa in Sharjah this week.
Shafiq has been struggling for form but the national selectors have decided to repose confidence in him.
The Pakistan squad for the Test series: Khurrum Manzoor, Ahmed Shahzad, Shaan Masood, Misbah-ul-Haq, Azhar Ali, Younis Khan, Umar Amin, Asad Shafiq, Adnan Akmal, Saeed Ajmal, Zulfiqar Babar, Abdul Rehman, Rahat Ali, Muhammad Irfan, Junaid Khan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli