Shahzad, Shafiq included in Pakistan squad for Test series against Proteas
Karachi: The Pakistan Cricket Board has announced the inclusion of three batsmen in the squad that will play the Test series against South Africa in the United Arab Emirates from October 14.
The PCB said today that openers, Shan Masood, Ahmed Shahzad and middle order batsmen, Asad Shafiq had been included in the squad which means that Pakistan will be going into the series with just three pace bowlers plus three specialist spinners.
Uncapped left handed opener, Masood who also toured Zimbabwe recently for the Tests, without getting a look-in and Shahzad both scored half centuries in the three day side match against South Africa in Sharjah this week.
Shafiq has been struggling for form but the national selectors have decided to repose confidence in him.
The Pakistan squad for the Test series: Khurrum Manzoor, Ahmed Shahzad, Shaan Masood, Misbah-ul-Haq, Azhar Ali, Younis Khan, Umar Amin, Asad Shafiq, Adnan Akmal, Saeed Ajmal, Zulfiqar Babar, Abdul Rehman, Rahat Ali, Muhammad Irfan, Junaid Khan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations