Shakib al Hasan can't play for KKR in CLT20 despite reduction of ban
Bangladesh's star all-rounder Shakib al-Hasan wouldn't be able to play in the upcoming Champions League T20 for the IPL champions Kolkata Knight Riders even though the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has reduced his ban.
New Delhi: Bangladesh's star all-rounder Shakib al-Hasan wouldn't be able to play in the upcoming Champions League T20 for the IPL champions Kolkata Knight Riders even though the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has reduced his ban.
While Shakib is free to play competitive cricket from September 15, BCB's ban on NOCs (No Objection Certificate) for overseas leagues is valid till end of 2015.
"Clearly for Champions League Twenty20 he is not available to us," Venky Mysore, the Knight Riders' chief executive told ESPN Cricinfo.
"Although we have the options it is unfortunate considering he is an important player for us. We just have to respect the BCB's decision," Mysore told the website.
Shakib played a key role during KKR's successful campaign in the last edition of IPL, scoring 227 runs at a strike rate of 149.34 and taking 11 wickets with an economy rate of 6.68.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?