Shami replaces Pathan in Indian team for West Indies tour
Mumbai: Fast bowler Mohammed Shami has replaced injured Irfan Pathan in the Indian squad for the tri-nation cricket series in the West Indies.
"Irfan Pathan has been ruled out of the tri-series in the West Indies, due to a hamstring injury. The All India Senior Selection Committee has picked Shami as his replacement in the Indian team," read a statement from the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
Pathan did not play any game in the Champions Trophy which India won on Sunday.
India face the West Indies at Sabina Park, Jamaica on June 30 in their opening match of the series, also involving Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family