Shami replaces Pathan in Indian team for West Indies tour
Mumbai: Fast bowler Mohammed Shami has replaced injured Irfan Pathan in the Indian squad for the tri-nation cricket series in the West Indies.
"Irfan Pathan has been ruled out of the tri-series in the West Indies, due to a hamstring injury. The All India Senior Selection Committee has picked Shami as his replacement in the Indian team," read a statement from the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
Pathan did not play any game in the Champions Trophy which India won on Sunday.
India face the West Indies at Sabina Park, Jamaica on June 30 in their opening match of the series, also involving Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes