Shamshuddin in ICC International panel of Umpires
Dubai: C Shamshuddin was the lone Indian among the five new third umpires appointed to the ICC`s international panel announced today.
The 42-year-old Shamshuddin made his international debut in the India-England Twenty20 match in December last year. After that he stood in the Twenty20 International between India and Pakistan in the same month.
The Emirates International Panel of Umpires comprises umpires who are nominated by their home boards and accredited by the ICC. The umpires on this panel can be assigned to all three international formats of the game.
The five new third umpires appointed to the panel are Anisur Rahman (Bangladesh), Michael Gough and Tim Robinson (both England), C Shamshuddin (India) and Derek Walker (New Zealand), the ICC said in a statement.
Apart from this, Indian-orgin American Sameer Bandekar and Wynand Louw of Namibia were included in the ICC Associates and Affiliates Panel of Umpires for 2013 following the annual review and selection process.
The panel was named by the Associate and Affiliate Selection Committee which is made up of Vince Van Der Bijl, ICC Umpire and Referees Manager, David Jukes, ICC Regional Match Referee, Brian Aldridge, a former Test umpire, Adrian Griffith, ICC Umpire and Referees Administration Manager and Edward Fitzgibbon, ICC Development Events Manager.
The umpires on the ICC Associate and Affiliate International Umpires panel can be assigned to ODIs and Twenty20 International matches involving Associates and Affiliates Members as well as officiate in under-19 and women`s cricket.
Bandekar, 48, has taken over from compatriot Roger Dill, who umpired in 25 ODIs. Bandekar, who migrated from India to the USA late last decade, has officiated in an ODI when he umpired the India-Zimbabwe match in Guwahati in March 2002.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice