Shane Bond appointed as New Zealand bowling coach
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Wellington: The New Zealand Cricket has appointed former speedster Shane Bond as the national bowling coach on Friday.
Bond, who represented the Black Caps in 18 Tests and 82 ODIs, said he always wanted to coach the national side.
"This is a role I have worked towards since I stopped playing. The experience of playing for New Zealand exceeded my expectations and I`m sure it will be no different as a coach," he was quoted as saying by a news agency.
Bond, 37, will replace Damien Wright and his first task would to be to guide the Kiwi bowlers in the upcoming tour of Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city