Shane Bond appointed as New Zealand bowling coach
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Wellington: The New Zealand Cricket has appointed former speedster Shane Bond as the national bowling coach on Friday.
Bond, who represented the Black Caps in 18 Tests and 82 ODIs, said he always wanted to coach the national side.
"This is a role I have worked towards since I stopped playing. The experience of playing for New Zealand exceeded my expectations and I`m sure it will be no different as a coach," he was quoted as saying by a news agency.
Bond, 37, will replace Damien Wright and his first task would to be to guide the Kiwi bowlers in the upcoming tour of Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured