Shane Bond appointed as New Zealand bowling coach
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Wellington: The New Zealand Cricket has appointed former speedster Shane Bond as the national bowling coach on Friday.
Bond, who represented the Black Caps in 18 Tests and 82 ODIs, said he always wanted to coach the national side.
"This is a role I have worked towards since I stopped playing. The experience of playing for New Zealand exceeded my expectations and I`m sure it will be no different as a coach," he was quoted as saying by a news agency.
Bond, 37, will replace Damien Wright and his first task would to be to guide the Kiwi bowlers in the upcoming tour of Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Athlete Dutee Chand qualifies for Rio Olympics in 100m sprint
- Enthusiasm in social networking may earn you a job: ASSOCHAM report
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- Football Transfer: Barcelona's Dani Alves undergoes Juventus medical
- Sterling hits 31-year low, gilt yield below 1% for first time ever
- Google Chief Executive Officer Sundar Pichai's Quora account hacked
- Who are potential successors to RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan?
- Messi Vs Ronaldo: Should Cristiano Ronaldo too quit if Portugal fail to win Euro 2016?