Shane Warne comes out with wish list to rebuild Australian cricket
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Former international cricketer Shane Warne has said that he is unhappy with the current setup of the Cricket Australia (CA) and wants people with a firsthand knowledge of cricket heading its important positions.
Warne expressed his frustration at the current state of affairs asking for immediate changes in the team management that will help in reclaiming the past glory.
“As an emotional, passionate and Australian cricket team supporter (and player) for the best part of 20 years (a proud one too) I, like many others am frustrated on many levels at present. If we do nothing now, we will be where we were 30 years ago (Sic),” Warne wrote in his blog for his official website.
The legendary bowler also gave his suggestions on the criteria for selection of the national team and composition of the board.
“A simple criteria is pick your best team and stick with it in all forms, then the players get used playing together and being with one another on tour, you get to know the person, too much chopping and changing leads to insecurity,”
Warne advocated appointing former captain Mark Taylor as the CEO of CA to whom “the coach, captain and support staff is answerable to.”
Some of Warne’s suggestions are as follows:
• Selectors: Rod Marsh (Chairman), Mark Waugh, Damien Martyn and Glenn McGrath
• Team Coach: Stephen Fleming
• Batting Coach: Mike Hussey / Michael Bevan
• Bowling Coaches: Merv Hughes / Bruce Reid
• Consultant: Ian Chappell
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot