Shane Warne fined for breach of conduct
Melbourne: Australian spin legend Shane Warne was on Monday fined Aus$ 5000 for breaching Cricket Australia`s Code of Behaviour in the domestic Big Bash League.
CA said Warne was fined for failing to list himself as captain during the Melbourne Stars` semi-final loss against the Perth Scorchers at the WACA last week in an effort to dodge penalty for slow over-rate.
Warne did not appear in the hearing today and was instead represented by Melbourne Stars CEO Clint Cooper and team manager Ben Robertson.
"On 5 December 2012, KFC T20 Big Bash League teams were sent a memo by Cricket Australia," a Cricket Australia statement said.
"Under the heading `Over Rates`, the memo stated that, `If a team`s official captain is selected but not named as captain, this will be considered against the Spirit of Cricket and may attract a Code of Behaviour charge`."
Warne`s team-mate James Faulkner was listed on the Melbourne Stars team sheet as captain for the clash against the Scorchers and took part in the coin toss with Perth Scorchers skipper Simon Katich.
CA said Warne was found guilty of breaching Rule 5: Laws of Cricket and Spirit of the Game by Commissioner Arthur Lodge.
Warne had previously been issued with one strike for a slow over-rate violation and a second strike this season would have resulted in an automatic one-match suspension.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing