Shane Watson wants to open batting during India tour
Sydney: Shane Watson has claimed he would like to open the batting during Australia’s upcoming Test tour to India with an eye on slowly recovering his bowling to bowl some overs during the Ashes series.
Watson intends to build his bowling form on the tour of India, with a view to playing a key role with the ball during the Ashes.
The all-rounder took the first step on that journey, opening for Sutherland in a grade match at Raby Oval, in southwestern Sydney, on Saturday.
Watson said it was good to get out there, but admitted he was disappointing he wasn`t able to get some more runs.
The vice-captain indicated his future as an all-rounder was in the hands of the selectors, however, he hoped to return to the opener`s role and, eventually, keep providing a medium-pace option to Michael Clarke.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists