Shane Watson wants to open batting during India tour
Sydney: Shane Watson has claimed he would like to open the batting during Australia’s upcoming Test tour to India with an eye on slowly recovering his bowling to bowl some overs during the Ashes series.
Watson intends to build his bowling form on the tour of India, with a view to playing a key role with the ball during the Ashes.
The all-rounder took the first step on that journey, opening for Sutherland in a grade match at Raby Oval, in southwestern Sydney, on Saturday.
Watson said it was good to get out there, but admitted he was disappointing he wasn`t able to get some more runs.
The vice-captain indicated his future as an all-rounder was in the hands of the selectors, however, he hoped to return to the opener`s role and, eventually, keep providing a medium-pace option to Michael Clarke.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian youth severely addicted to toxic drugs
- Leonardo DiCaprio to speak about anti-beef movement at RSS meet in UK
- Bihar rape: Accused five persons still absconding, Police clueless
- UK's exit from EU: India prepared for all eventualities, says Shaktikanta Das
- Britain exits European Union, first country to leave 28-nation bloc
- Sky is the limit for me with right director: Alia Bhatt
- BJP's alliance with Akali Dal will continue in Punjab: Jha
- Don't restrict yourself: Priyanka Chopra's message to youth
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi's speech at SCO meet - Full Text
- Mob destroys mosque as religious, ethnic tension rises in Myanmar