Shane Watson wants to win World Cup with family
Sydney: Australian all-rounder Shane Watson wants to combine the joy of his family with the success of winning a World Cup in Australia next year.
The cricketer`s wife and 15-month-old son named Will, have changed Watson`s life.
Australia`s cricketers have a `once-in-a-lifetime` opportunity to play a World Cup at home ground when they host it with New Zealand in February and March, News.com.au reported.
It is 22 years since Australia experienced cricket`s premier event and the home team failed to make the semi-finals despite being one of the favourites. Watson wants to change that by replicating India`s achievement of becoming the first host nation in the tournament`s 40-year history to claim the cherished prize, the report added.
His belief continues to grow now that Australia are ranked No.1 one in both Test and one-day cricket.
Watson added that to be part of a transition phase that now has us playing quality cricket against the best teams in the world is fantastic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read