Shane Watson wants to win World Cup with family
Sydney: Australian all-rounder Shane Watson wants to combine the joy of his family with the success of winning a World Cup in Australia next year.
The cricketer`s wife and 15-month-old son named Will, have changed Watson`s life.
Australia`s cricketers have a `once-in-a-lifetime` opportunity to play a World Cup at home ground when they host it with New Zealand in February and March, News.com.au reported.
It is 22 years since Australia experienced cricket`s premier event and the home team failed to make the semi-finals despite being one of the favourites. Watson wants to change that by replicating India`s achievement of becoming the first host nation in the tournament`s 40-year history to claim the cherished prize, the report added.
His belief continues to grow now that Australia are ranked No.1 one in both Test and one-day cricket.
Watson added that to be part of a transition phase that now has us playing quality cricket against the best teams in the world is fantastic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere