Shane Watson wants to win World Cup with family
Sydney: Australian all-rounder Shane Watson wants to combine the joy of his family with the success of winning a World Cup in Australia next year.
The cricketer`s wife and 15-month-old son named Will, have changed Watson`s life.
Australia`s cricketers have a `once-in-a-lifetime` opportunity to play a World Cup at home ground when they host it with New Zealand in February and March, News.com.au reported.
It is 22 years since Australia experienced cricket`s premier event and the home team failed to make the semi-finals despite being one of the favourites. Watson wants to change that by replicating India`s achievement of becoming the first host nation in the tournament`s 40-year history to claim the cherished prize, the report added.
His belief continues to grow now that Australia are ranked No.1 one in both Test and one-day cricket.
Watson added that to be part of a transition phase that now has us playing quality cricket against the best teams in the world is fantastic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?