Sharad Pawar set to return as MCA chief after Gopinath Munde’s nomination rejected
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: It seems that Union Agriculture Minister and NCP strongman Sharad Pawar is set to return as the president of the Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) as BJP leader Gopinath Munde’s nomination for the post has been rejected.
Pawar filed his nomination as a representative of Parsi Pioneer Cricket Club which was proposed and seconded by Dr P V Shetty, the outgoing joint secretary and incumbent MCA chief Ravi Savant.
“BJP leader Gopinath Munde's appeal against rejection of his nomination for MCA polls has been turned down,” Savant said on Thursday.
Pawar`s move, after he completed his term as the president of the ICC in 2011, is considered in some circles as a first step towards regaining the top position in BCCI, which he headed from 2005-06 to 2007-08.
Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha, Munde, had filed his nomination to contest for the presidentship fuelling speculations that he would get involved in a straight fight with Pawar.
However, now the path has now been cleared for Pawar’s election as the MCA chief unopposed.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM