Shaun Marsh becomes 19th Australian to slam century on Test debut
Kandy: Shaun Marsh became the 19th Australian to score a Test century on debut during the second Test against Sri Lanka being played at Kandy’s Pallekele Stadium.
Marsh scored 141 of 315 balls, which included 18 fours.
The 28-year-old is also the first Australian to make a ton on debut since Marcus North made 117 against South Africa in 2009, the Age reports.
Other Australians to achieve the feat include Michael Clarke, Greg Chappell, Mark Waugh, Doug Walters and Greg Blewett.
Marsh also shared a match-defining fourth-wicket partnership of 258 with Michael Hussey (142).
Australia were 411-7, a lead of 237 runs with three wickets remaining, when rain stopped during the second session on day three.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof