Shaun Marsh becomes 19th Australian to slam century on Test debut
Kandy: Shaun Marsh became the 19th Australian to score a Test century on debut during the second Test against Sri Lanka being played at Kandy’s Pallekele Stadium.
Marsh scored 141 of 315 balls, which included 18 fours.
The 28-year-old is also the first Australian to make a ton on debut since Marcus North made 117 against South Africa in 2009, the Age reports.
Other Australians to achieve the feat include Michael Clarke, Greg Chappell, Mark Waugh, Doug Walters and Greg Blewett.
Marsh also shared a match-defining fourth-wicket partnership of 258 with Michael Hussey (142).
Australia were 411-7, a lead of 237 runs with three wickets remaining, when rain stopped during the second session on day three.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report
- Pakistan denies Dawood's presence in Karachi, says 'UN report motivated by India's aim to malign us'
- 'Chikungunya cases highest this year since 2006'
- Umbilical cells linked to increase risk of obesity: Study
- New movement discovered in blink of an eye