Shaun Marsh becomes 19th Australian to slam century on Test debut
Kandy: Shaun Marsh became the 19th Australian to score a Test century on debut during the second Test against Sri Lanka being played at Kandy’s Pallekele Stadium.
Marsh scored 141 of 315 balls, which included 18 fours.
The 28-year-old is also the first Australian to make a ton on debut since Marcus North made 117 against South Africa in 2009, the Age reports.
Other Australians to achieve the feat include Michael Clarke, Greg Chappell, Mark Waugh, Doug Walters and Greg Blewett.
Marsh also shared a match-defining fourth-wicket partnership of 258 with Michael Hussey (142).
Australia were 411-7, a lead of 237 runs with three wickets remaining, when rain stopped during the second session on day three.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?