Shaun Marsh could be fit for India series
Melbourne: There is some good news for the injury-hit Australian cricket team as opener Shaun Marsh is likely to be fit for the upcoming Test series against India and might even play the two warm-up matches before that.
Marsh, recuperating from a back injury, is likely to play against the Indians in one of their two warm-up matches in Canberra to get some match fitness before the opening Test in here from December 26.
Australia -- hit by injuries to its pace bowlers such as Pat Cummins, Ryan Harris and Mitchell Johnson -- have two warm-up matches before the main series.
The first is a two-day match beginning on December 15, before a three-day game starting December 19.
Australia`s physiotherapist Alex Kountouris said the opener`s fitness would be put to test during the practice games.
"Marsh had a run and is due to bat later this week as part of his programme to try to get up for Boxing Day and probably play one of the Chairman`s XI games," Kountouris was quoted as saying by the newspapers here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH