Shaun Marsh could be fit for India series
Melbourne: There is some good news for the injury-hit Australian cricket team as opener Shaun Marsh is likely to be fit for the upcoming Test series against India and might even play the two warm-up matches before that.
Marsh, recuperating from a back injury, is likely to play against the Indians in one of their two warm-up matches in Canberra to get some match fitness before the opening Test in here from December 26.
Australia -- hit by injuries to its pace bowlers such as Pat Cummins, Ryan Harris and Mitchell Johnson -- have two warm-up matches before the main series.
The first is a two-day match beginning on December 15, before a three-day game starting December 19.
Australia`s physiotherapist Alex Kountouris said the opener`s fitness would be put to test during the practice games.
"Marsh had a run and is due to bat later this week as part of his programme to try to get up for Boxing Day and probably play one of the Chairman`s XI games," Kountouris was quoted as saying by the newspapers here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review