Shaun Marsh could be fit for India series
Melbourne: There is some good news for the injury-hit Australian cricket team as opener Shaun Marsh is likely to be fit for the upcoming Test series against India and might even play the two warm-up matches before that.
Marsh, recuperating from a back injury, is likely to play against the Indians in one of their two warm-up matches in Canberra to get some match fitness before the opening Test in here from December 26.
Australia -- hit by injuries to its pace bowlers such as Pat Cummins, Ryan Harris and Mitchell Johnson -- have two warm-up matches before the main series.
The first is a two-day match beginning on December 15, before a three-day game starting December 19.
Australia`s physiotherapist Alex Kountouris said the opener`s fitness would be put to test during the practice games.
"Marsh had a run and is due to bat later this week as part of his programme to try to get up for Boxing Day and probably play one of the Chairman`s XI games," Kountouris was quoted as saying by the newspapers here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference