Shaun Marsh, Luke Pomersbach back in favour for Oz cricket duty
Sydney: Till a few months ago the international cricket careers of party boys and best friends Shaun Marsh and Luke Pomersbach looked dead and buried.
But now after enjoying rip-roaring form and success for the Perth Scorchers and the Brisbane Heat in Cricket Australia’s Twenty20 Big Bash League (BBL) respectively, both Marsh and Pomersbach are in line for national recalls.
The Australian selectors are tipped to name a T20 squad on Monday for the matches against Sri Lanka to be played at the ANZ Stadium on January 26 and the MCG two days later.
And, according to the Sydney Morning Herald, Test and one-day captain Michael Clarke says both Marsh and Pomersbach deserve to be in contention after cleaning up their acts.
Clarke feels both have made the most of their opportunities, and have been courageous in their comeback bids.
He sees no reason why the two can’t make it to the national squad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre