Shaun Marsh, Luke Pomersbach back in favour for Oz cricket duty
Sydney: Till a few months ago the international cricket careers of party boys and best friends Shaun Marsh and Luke Pomersbach looked dead and buried.
But now after enjoying rip-roaring form and success for the Perth Scorchers and the Brisbane Heat in Cricket Australia’s Twenty20 Big Bash League (BBL) respectively, both Marsh and Pomersbach are in line for national recalls.
The Australian selectors are tipped to name a T20 squad on Monday for the matches against Sri Lanka to be played at the ANZ Stadium on January 26 and the MCG two days later.
And, according to the Sydney Morning Herald, Test and one-day captain Michael Clarke says both Marsh and Pomersbach deserve to be in contention after cleaning up their acts.
Clarke feels both have made the most of their opportunities, and have been courageous in their comeback bids.
He sees no reason why the two can’t make it to the national squad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof