Shaun Tait joins South Africa`s Dolphins
Durban: Australia fast bowler Shaun Tait has joined South African provincial team the Dolphins for the 2011-2012 Twenty20 season.
The Dolphins said on Thursday that Tait will join the Durban-based team in February 2012 for the domestic Twenty20 competition.
Tait, who plays for South Australia back home, retired from one-day internationals after this year`s World Cup to focus on Twenty20s.
He says in a Dolphins statement: "I am genuinely excited to be given this opportunity and am looking forward to playing my part with the Dolphins."
Dolphins chief executive Jesse Chellan says: "We are absolutely delighted to have secured Shaun. He is a world class, match winning fast bowler."
The 28-year-old Tait has 28 wickets at 17.78 in 19 T20 internationals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray