Shaun Tait joins South Africa`s Dolphins
Durban: Australia fast bowler Shaun Tait has joined South African provincial team the Dolphins for the 2011-2012 Twenty20 season.
The Dolphins said on Thursday that Tait will join the Durban-based team in February 2012 for the domestic Twenty20 competition.
Tait, who plays for South Australia back home, retired from one-day internationals after this year`s World Cup to focus on Twenty20s.
He says in a Dolphins statement: "I am genuinely excited to be given this opportunity and am looking forward to playing my part with the Dolphins."
Dolphins chief executive Jesse Chellan says: "We are absolutely delighted to have secured Shaun. He is a world class, match winning fast bowler."
The 28-year-old Tait has 28 wickets at 17.78 in 19 T20 internationals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- JMM to field one candidate in Jharkhand RS poll
- Sensex soars 287 points, brings up best weekly show in 3 months
- Subramanian panel submits report on New Education Policy
- 'Meri Pyaari Bindu' Parineeti Chopra is in awe of Kolkata!
- Andhra Pradesh CM Chandrababu Naidu hints at providing reservation to upper caste poor