Shaun Tait joins South Africa`s Dolphins
Durban: Australia fast bowler Shaun Tait has joined South African provincial team the Dolphins for the 2011-2012 Twenty20 season.
The Dolphins said on Thursday that Tait will join the Durban-based team in February 2012 for the domestic Twenty20 competition.
Tait, who plays for South Australia back home, retired from one-day internationals after this year`s World Cup to focus on Twenty20s.
He says in a Dolphins statement: "I am genuinely excited to be given this opportunity and am looking forward to playing my part with the Dolphins."
Dolphins chief executive Jesse Chellan says: "We are absolutely delighted to have secured Shaun. He is a world class, match winning fast bowler."
The 28-year-old Tait has 28 wickets at 17.78 in 19 T20 internationals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach