Shetty meets probe panel, hands over terms of reference
Bangalore: BCCI`s Game Development Manager Prof Ratnakar Shetty on Friday handed over the terms of reference to the two-member probe panel, who will be inquiring on involvement of BCCI president N Srinivasan`s son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan`s role in spot-fixing issue in IPL.
"We have given them what they wanted (operational and administrative assistance). They will conduct an inquiry into the complaints against Gurunath Meiyappan and Raj Kundra as well as CSK and Rajasthan Royals. Let us wait and see what they do," Shetty told reporters here after meeting Justices T Jayaram Chouta and Balasubramanian, panel members.
Shetty said the two judges met in person for the first time to discuss their preferred mode of operation.
"BCCI have already submitted documents to panel members on June 15 and it is left to them to take it further," Shetty, added.
He, however, did not comment on the time-frame for completing the investigation.
Following the arrests of three Rajasthan Royals cricketers and that of Meiyappan, CSK Team Principal and BCCI President N Srinivasan`s son-in-law, the following week, the board had announced a three-member commission to conduct an inquiry.
However, following secretary Sanjay Jagdale`s resignation from the post of BCCI secretary and the subsequent withdrawal from the panel, it was reconstituted on June 10.
After Rajasthan Royals co-owner Raj Kundra had allegedly admitted to his involvement in betting on his team`s matches to Delhi Police, the panel was also asked to look into the complaint filed against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog