Shetty serves legal notice to MCA
Mumbai: Mumbai Cricket Association has decided to consult its lawyers before sending a reply to the legal notice it received from former vice president Prof Ratnakar Shetty asking for the five-year-ban imposed on him to be lifted forthwith.
"We have received the legal notice and will take appropriate action on it after our lawyers go through it. The notice wants the ban to be lifted by us and an unconditional apology tendered to him," a top MCA source told PTI.
"We have been given 48 hours to reply to the notice (sent on Thursday by Shetty)," the source added.
Shetty, who has served the association in various capacities over the last three decades, was banned by MCA for raising the possibility of black marketing of tickets of the T20 game between India and Pakistan by some of its office bearers.
The match was held in Ahmedabad in December last year.
MCA imposed the ban on June 3 after giving Shetty an opportunity to hear his allegations levelled at the association`s AGM held on March 22 before replying to the show cause notice served on him.
Shetty, who is also the General Manager (Game Development) in the cricket board, heard the voice recordings of the AGM`s proceedings on May 28 and replied to the show cause notice on the next day, before MCA decided to impose the ban.
The debarment prevents the senior cricket administrator from taking part in any activities of the association, including contesting the elections due in August.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!