Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli - three pillars of MS Dhoni’s Team India
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: Thus far India have played six ODI tournament this year and haven’t lost a single one – no matter whether played in India or overseas. And the major reason behind this remarkable performance is undoubtedly the top order of Indian batting line.
Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dahwan have been opening the Indian innings for last six months. And ever since India got this new opening pair they have started thrashing their opponents with an ease.
No one ever doubted the talent Rohit Sharma has, but his highly inconsistent form was the major setback since his debut in Team India. But once he was selected to open the innings, it was no looking back for this 24-year-old Mumbaikar. He showed enough maturity and consistency at the top along with Shikhar and helped India to chase many mammoth targets successfully. He has been going through the form of his life and even continued his limited over form into the longest format of the game, when he finally got a chance to make his Test debut after six long years.
Shikhar Dhawan, another Indian opener hasn’t left any stone unturned, once he got a chance to open the innings for India, in the absence of out of form openers – Gautam Gambhir and Virender Sehwag. He has scored five International hundreds in his entire ODI career and all of them came this year, while opening the innings. He has been in sublime form and gave almost every bowler a run for his money.
After the prolific opening pair, comes Virat Kohli. A batsman who is seasoned campaigner hardly has any flaw in his batting technique. Besides, he is also capable of playing two different shots in same type of deliveries. He has been performing outstandingly well since his international debut and even at such young age he already has 17 ODI hundreds to his name in mere 122 matches. At the moment he is the one who could beat the world record of 100 hundreds made by Sachin Tendulkar. Kohli has recently equal Viv Richards` record of being the fastest to reach 5000 ODI runs.
These three pillars at the top of the batting order have been helping India to justify their top ODI billing throughout this year and if they continue their purple patch then it would be next to impossible for any team to beat the Indian side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day