Shikhar Dhawan to lead Sunrisers Hyderabad in Champions League Twenty 20
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In-form Team India opener Shikhar Dhawan will lead Sunrisers Hyderabad in the upcoming Champions League Twenty20 tournament.
The decision was taken after Sri Lankan veteran Kumar Sangakkara chose to play for `home` side Kandurata Maroons.
The dashing left-hander has been in phenomenal form ever since he made his Test debut against Australia in March this year. In his first Test, Dhawan scored 187 runs off 174 balls, a knock which became the fastest ton scored by any batsman on Test debut.
Hyderabad will play in the qualifying stage of the CLT20 and will fight for a spot in the main tournament alongside Faisalabad Wolves, Kandurata Maroons and Otago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife