Shikhar Dhawan to lead Sunrisers Hyderabad in Champions League Twenty 20
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In-form Team India opener Shikhar Dhawan will lead Sunrisers Hyderabad in the upcoming Champions League Twenty20 tournament.
The decision was taken after Sri Lankan veteran Kumar Sangakkara chose to play for `home` side Kandurata Maroons.
The dashing left-hander has been in phenomenal form ever since he made his Test debut against Australia in March this year. In his first Test, Dhawan scored 187 runs off 174 balls, a knock which became the fastest ton scored by any batsman on Test debut.
Hyderabad will play in the qualifying stage of the CLT20 and will fight for a spot in the main tournament alongside Faisalabad Wolves, Kandurata Maroons and Otago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH