Shikhar Dhawan to lead Sunrisers Hyderabad in Champions League Twenty 20
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In-form Team India opener Shikhar Dhawan will lead Sunrisers Hyderabad in the upcoming Champions League Twenty20 tournament.
The decision was taken after Sri Lankan veteran Kumar Sangakkara chose to play for `home` side Kandurata Maroons.
The dashing left-hander has been in phenomenal form ever since he made his Test debut against Australia in March this year. In his first Test, Dhawan scored 187 runs off 174 balls, a knock which became the fastest ton scored by any batsman on Test debut.
Hyderabad will play in the qualifying stage of the CLT20 and will fight for a spot in the main tournament alongside Faisalabad Wolves, Kandurata Maroons and Otago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad