Shikhar Dhawan to lead Sunrisers Hyderabad in Champions League Twenty 20
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In-form Team India opener Shikhar Dhawan will lead Sunrisers Hyderabad in the upcoming Champions League Twenty20 tournament.
The decision was taken after Sri Lankan veteran Kumar Sangakkara chose to play for `home` side Kandurata Maroons.
The dashing left-hander has been in phenomenal form ever since he made his Test debut against Australia in March this year. In his first Test, Dhawan scored 187 runs off 174 balls, a knock which became the fastest ton scored by any batsman on Test debut.
Hyderabad will play in the qualifying stage of the CLT20 and will fight for a spot in the main tournament alongside Faisalabad Wolves, Kandurata Maroons and Otago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing