Shillingford cleared to return to international cricket
St John’s: Off spinner Shane Shillingford has been cleared by the International Cricket Council to return to international cricket.
The ICC formally notified the WICB of the clearance following a Biomechanical Bowling Analysis, which was conducted at the University of Western Australia on May 25th last by a research team headed by Prof. Bruce Elliott.
Shillingford’s action had been reported following the West Indies v Sri Lanka Test in Galle, Sri Lanka, last November.
“I am extremely happy that I have been cleared to continue playing international cricket. It has been what I always wanted to do and having to overcome this hurdle has made me stronger and more determined to succeed,” Shillingford said.
“I put in a lot of hard work over the past few months and I must thank the West Indies Cricket Board for the support and particularly the Sagicor High Performance Centre where the majority of the work was done,” Shillingford said.
“The HPC has proven to be a tremendous benefit to me in these challenging times and I have nothing but praise for the centre,” Shillingford added.
Shillingford underwent five months of intense remedial work at the Sagicor High Performance Centre in Barbados and in his native Dominica.
“It was evident that Shillingford, under the guidance of the WICB coaching staff has undergone significant remediation work on his technique,” the research team reported.
West Indies A Team Head Coach Henderson Springer was specially appointed to work with Shillingford during the remediation process at the Sagicor HPC.
West Indies Head Coach Ottis Gibson, former Sagicor HPC Head Coach Toby Radford and current Sagicor HPC Head Coach Andre Coley also worked extensively with Shillingford.
They were supported by Dominican coach Thomas Kentish who took charge while Shillingford was in his native island.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP