Shirke questions legal credibility of Dalmiya's appointment as interim chief
Zee Media Bureau
Chennai: Former BCCI treasurer Ajay Shirke has made it clear that he will not be returning to BCCI.
In an interview given to an English news channel, Shirke questioned the legal credibility of the arrangement to make CAB President Jagmohan Dalmiya the interim chief.
He mentioned that a lot of board members asked for him and Jagdale to withdraw their resignation but he made it clear that he would not do so till a credible route ahead is formulated.
Shirke further added that I S Bindra was most vocal about the demand for Srinivasan`s resignation.
Earlier in the week, Shirke had submitted his resignation from the post of BCCI treasurer and had said that Srinivasan's refusal to resign is the man cause for his resignation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list