Shivnarine Chanderpaul torments Yorkshire with century
London: Veteran left-hander Shivnarine Chanderpaul hammered his second successive century as Warwickshire flourished on the second day of their County Championship game against Yorkshire Thursday.
The former West Indies captain hit 110 to guide his side to 281 for six, in reply to Yorkshire’s 281 all out.
Playing at Edgbaston, Chanderpaul helped rescue the hosts after they crashed 27 for two, when Varun Chopra (7) and William Porterfield (0) fell cheaply.
He then anchored three partnerships to stabilise the innings, posting 67 for third wicket with Ian Westwood (55) before adding another 43 with Jim Troughton (18) for the fourth wicket.
Chanderpaul then joined forces with Tim Ambrose (68 not out) in a fifth wicket stand of 135 that put Warwickshire in control of the match.
Overall, the Guyanese struck nine fours and two sixes off 182 balls, in an innings spanning 273 minutes.
The century follows the 193 he made against the same side just nine days ago.
At New Road, Worcestershire’s West Indies speedster Kemar Roach bowled with pace to get three wickets and help send Division One leaders Lancashire to a 10-wicket defeat inside two days.
The right-armer picked up three for 44 as Lancashire were dismissed for 80, after trailing by 76 on first innings.
Veteran seamer Alan Richardson finished with six for 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25