Shoaib Akhtar lambasts Pakistan batsmen for poor show
Karachi: Former fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar has described current Pakistan batsmen as worse than their Bangladeshi counterparts after their pathetic show against South Africa in the ongoing ODI series in the UAE.
"I am saying this with certainty if Bangladeshi batsmen had been playing this series they would have won it 5-0. South Africa has not won this series they have been gifted it by our spineless batting," Akhtar said.
Chasing 267 in the fourth ODI yesterday, Pakistan went from 228 for 5 to 231 for 8 and lost the five-match series 1-3 with one match remaining.
Pakistan had lost the first match by one run while chasing 184. They lost their last six wickets in the space of 34 balls for just 17 runs in that encounter.
Akhtar said that even Bangladesh would have done a far better job against South Africa than the Pakistani batsmen, who have failed thrice in the series, to successfully chase down manageable totals in the series.
Bangladesh recently whitewashed New Zealand in a three-match ODI series with their batsmen even chasing down totals of 300 plus.
"The worst part is that we have lost on pitches that are more suited to our batting and there appears to be no intent or purpose in our side," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'