Shoaib Akhtar`s book release function in Mumbai called off
Mumbai: The scheduled release of Shoiab Akhtar`s controversial book on Sunday has suddenly been cancelled without any reason being given.
Former India skipper Dilip Vengsarkar was to release Akhtar`s autobiography `Controversially Yours` at the Cricket Club of India (CCI) premises.
"The event has been cancelled," confirmed a CCI official, without assigning any reason.
According to sources, the event was cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.
The sudden cancellation generated speculation that it may be because of less than flattering remarks about India`s batting stalwarts Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid.
In his tell-all autobiography, Akhtar has made many controversial claims, such as iconic Indian batsman Tendulkar did not have the ability to finish matches in the initial stages of his career.
Meanwhile, a protest was held in suburban Dahisar on Sunday against Akhtar, for his comments on Tendulkar. Protesters carried Akthar`s posters on donkey-backs.
On Monday, Akhtar is scheduled to attend another function to promote his book in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi