Shoaib Akhtar`s book release function in Mumbai called off
Mumbai: The scheduled release of Shoiab Akhtar`s controversial book on Sunday has suddenly been cancelled without any reason being given.
Former India skipper Dilip Vengsarkar was to release Akhtar`s autobiography `Controversially Yours` at the Cricket Club of India (CCI) premises.
"The event has been cancelled," confirmed a CCI official, without assigning any reason.
According to sources, the event was cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.
The sudden cancellation generated speculation that it may be because of less than flattering remarks about India`s batting stalwarts Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid.
In his tell-all autobiography, Akhtar has made many controversial claims, such as iconic Indian batsman Tendulkar did not have the ability to finish matches in the initial stages of his career.
Meanwhile, a protest was held in suburban Dahisar on Sunday against Akhtar, for his comments on Tendulkar. Protesters carried Akthar`s posters on donkey-backs.
On Monday, Akhtar is scheduled to attend another function to promote his book in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa