Shoaib Akhtar slams PCB for sending big support staff for Sri Lankan tour
Karachi: Former Pakistan fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar has lashed out at the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) for deciding to send 10 officials with the national team in its upcoming tour of Sri Lanka.
"I don`t know what they are trying to do but this board is full of ignorant people and it is useless tying to talk sense into them," Akhtar said.
The fast bowler said he didn`t understand the purpose of appointing so many officials with the team.
"This board is spending 150 million rupees just on salaries and it has more than 700 employees and what is the net result...Nothing," he told Geo News.
"When I was playing there were lesser employees in the board and the money was well spent on cricket and we were doing well in international cricket."
The former pacer said that the culture of appointing so many officials for foreign tours was mainly to reward one`s favorites.
"I don`t see any reason for sending a assistant coach or a spin bowling coach. In the past only a manager, physio and trainer travelled with the team. So many officials is a waste of money in my mind because we are getting no positive results at all," Akhtar stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing