Shoaib Akhtar slams PCB for sending big support staff for Sri Lankan tour
Karachi: Former Pakistan fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar has lashed out at the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) for deciding to send 10 officials with the national team in its upcoming tour of Sri Lanka.
"I don`t know what they are trying to do but this board is full of ignorant people and it is useless tying to talk sense into them," Akhtar said.
The fast bowler said he didn`t understand the purpose of appointing so many officials with the team.
"This board is spending 150 million rupees just on salaries and it has more than 700 employees and what is the net result...Nothing," he told Geo News.
"When I was playing there were lesser employees in the board and the money was well spent on cricket and we were doing well in international cricket."
The former pacer said that the culture of appointing so many officials for foreign tours was mainly to reward one`s favorites.
"I don`t see any reason for sending a assistant coach or a spin bowling coach. In the past only a manager, physio and trainer travelled with the team. So many officials is a waste of money in my mind because we are getting no positive results at all," Akhtar stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know Vijay Mallya's Rajya Sabha journey
- Lifestyle, self-care, diet tips to deal with asthma!
- Rayudu vs Harbhajan, Kohli vs Gambhir – Watch the biggest fights from the Indian Premier League
- Diesel taxi ban in Delhi: 140 drivers booked
- Uttarakhand crisis: SC asks Centre to think about floor test, adjourns hearing till tomorrow