Shoaib Malik needs to explain his playing in Big Bash League
Karachi: Pakistan all rounder Shoaib Malik may face disciplinary action from his home department for flying off to Australia for the Big Bash T20 tournament while the domestic season was still on in the country.
A senior official in the sports division of Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) told PTI that the authorities had taken a serious note of the fact that Malik flew off to Australia without taking permission.
"He has gone at a time when we thought he was injured and not available to play. But now we find that he is playing in the Big Bash today while his team is struggling in the ongoing domestic President?s Cup tournament," the official said.
Malik had injured his finger while playing for Pakistan in the T20 series against South Africa in the UAE in November and also had to return home from South Africa where he had gone for the short one-day series.
Interestingly, Malik appeared for the airlines team in a few games of the national T20 event but since than has not played for them.
"I think senior players like Malik have to decide where their loyalties lie because PIA needs him now in the President`s Cup," another team official said.
When available, Malik usually leads the PIA team in domestic cricket. The allrounder who is married to Indian tennis star Sania Mirza is representing the Hobart Hurricanes and turned out for them on Tuesday in the Big Bash.
The official said that disciplinary action against Malik might be the issuance of a show cause notice to him.
"Let us see what he has to say before any final disciplinary action is taken against him."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Amethi: Rahul Gandhi faces protests from angry villagers
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'