Shoaib Malik says no clear favourites for Indo-Pak series
Islamabad: Former Pakistan captain Shoaib Malik has said there will be no clear favourites for the upcoming limited over series between archrivals India and Pakistan, and added that pressure would be equal on players from both the countries.
"I don`t think so that any team will be having any edge of being hosts or guests and pressure will be on both sides. I anticipate close competition in the series," a daily quoted Malik, as saying.
"The Pak-India series demands some brilliant performances and display of qualities from both the sides. There will be a close competition in batting and bowling and the team which will play with confidence and perform exceptionally well will surely win the series which is more significant than the Ashes," he added.
"It is too difficult to predict the winner as both the teams are well balanced and good enough to win the series," he said when asked which team would be favourite to win the series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31