Shoaib Malik set for ODI recall
Karachi: Pakistan selectors are reportedly planning to recall some of the discarded batsmen, including Shoaib Malik, in order to strengthen the national team’s batting line up.
According to the Daily Times, sources in the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) said that in the first stage the selectors were planning to recall discarded opener Yasir Hameed, middle-order batsman Fawad Alam and Shoaib Malik into the one-day squad.
Malik has been named in the national Twenty20 squad for the Australia series and T20 World Cup, but the selectors are yet to announce the One-day squad for the Australia series.
Yasir has not been selected to play for Pakistan since 2010, and Fawad has also been out of favour with the selectors.
"Their feeling is that the time is right to start planning ahead to stabilise the batting line-up in the ODI and Test formats," the source said.
"The selectors feel that the batsmen are not scoring consistently, and secondly they are not getting big scores as was the requirement of the team. The plan is not only to recall some discarded players like Yasir and Fawad but also to give more responsibility to Malik and also try out some new faces," the source added.
"The idea is to start rebuilding the batting line up by adding fresh players. That is one reason why the selectors have also picked the top performers of the last domestic season to attend a conditioning camp at the National Cricket Academy," the source further added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- 'Comedy Nights' needed a 'Bachao' from Akshay Kumar over racist jokes on Lisa Haydon? Details inside
- Register your marriage online by paying just Rs 100
- India signs $100 mn loan agreement with World Bank
- Trailer out! Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma's 'Sultan' will leave you with goosebumps – Watch now
- Rupee free fall continues, plunges 26 paise to 67.75