Shukla`s resignation doesn`t absolve him of IPL mess: Modi
New Delhi: Lalit Modi has held Rajiv Shukla responsible for the entire "mess" in India Premier League and said by merely resigning from the position of the IPL chairman doesn`t absolve the politician-cum-cricket administrator from his "wrongdoings".
Shukla today resigned from the high-profile position in the wake of the spot-fixing scandal that rocked Indian cricket, a development which puts further pressure on the beleaguered BCCI President N Srinivasan to follow suit.
But Modi said the entire spot-fixing scandal has brought Shukla`s incompetence to the fore.
"Hey @ShuklaRajiv your resigning does not absolve you of your wrong doings. Either admit you were rubber stamp or co conspirator," Modi wrote on his twitter page.
"Does Rajiv Shukla resignation absolve him of IPL MESS - a big NO. - you were chairman of Ipl. It happened in your watch. You are either incompetent or co conspirator. Either way you must take the blame," the former IPL commissioner added.
Shukla decided to quit in view of the recent controversies and the move is bound to have some impact on Srinivasan`s continuance when the BCCI`s all-powerful Working Committee meets in Chennai tomorrow.
But Modi feels the Emergency Working Committee meeting is just an eyewash and only a Special General Meeting is the way out.
"Nothing short of a SGM is acceptable. We should keep pressure up for that. It time will derail process," he wrote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- From criticism to unconditional love: Argentine fans urge Lionel Messi not to quit
- SC dismisses PIL seeking ban on WhatsApp, other messaging apps
- Arvind Kejriwal accuses political parties in Goa of encouraging sex, drugs, prostitution
- Triple talaq issue to be examined on touchstone of Constitutional framework: SC
- Political parties in Goa encourage sex tourism: Kejriwal