Sialkot Stallions win Pakistan`s premier T20
Islamababd: Sialkot Stallions won Pakistan`s prestigious national Twenty20 cricket tournament beating Karachi Dolphins in the final at Rawalpindi near here.
Sialkot Stallions lifted the title for the seventh time Sunday defeating the passionate team of Karachi Dolphins by eight wickets at the Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium.
Around 23,000 people turned up to the watch the game in the renovated stadium while almost the same number of fans were seen outside the ground, Xinhua reports.
Selectors of Pakistan cricket board (PCB) and national team coach Dav Whatmore monitored all the games of the eight-day competition to recognize the young talent for the World T20 to take place in Sri Lanka.
Captain Shoaib Malik and left-hand batsman Haris Sohail made unbeaten 62 and 55 runs to help the Stallions win in 18.5 overs while chasing rather a difficult target of 168.
Stallions were awarded a shining golden colour winning-trophy and a cash prize.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam