Sialkot Stallions win Pakistan`s premier T20
Islamababd: Sialkot Stallions won Pakistan`s prestigious national Twenty20 cricket tournament beating Karachi Dolphins in the final at Rawalpindi near here.
Sialkot Stallions lifted the title for the seventh time Sunday defeating the passionate team of Karachi Dolphins by eight wickets at the Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium.
Around 23,000 people turned up to the watch the game in the renovated stadium while almost the same number of fans were seen outside the ground, Xinhua reports.
Selectors of Pakistan cricket board (PCB) and national team coach Dav Whatmore monitored all the games of the eight-day competition to recognize the young talent for the World T20 to take place in Sri Lanka.
Captain Shoaib Malik and left-hand batsman Haris Sohail made unbeaten 62 and 55 runs to help the Stallions win in 18.5 overs while chasing rather a difficult target of 168.
Stallions were awarded a shining golden colour winning-trophy and a cash prize.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi