Sibanda left out of Zimbabwe for New Zealand tour
Harare: Zimbabwe has left opening batsman Vusi Sibanda out of its squad to tour New Zealand after he was embroiled in a spat with the country`s cricket authorities.
Sibanda`s name was missing from a 16-man squad list issued by Zimbabwe Cricket yesterday for the tour in January and February.
Sibanda fell out with officials and was dropped from the side after he left to play league cricket in Australia during November and December without clearance.
The opener was one of Zimbabwe`s best performers after returning to the test arena last year following the country`s six-year self-imposed exile.
His place has been taken by middle-order batsman Stuart Matsikenyeri, who returns to the team almost two years after an unsuccessful tour of the West Indies.
Matsikenyeri has been recalled on the back of his consistent form in the early stages of Zimbabwe`s domestic league season.
There were also places for seamer Shingi Masakadza, the younger brother of batsman Hamilton, and all-rounder Keegan Meth. The two, alongside wicketkeeper Foster Mutizwa, are the only players who are not capped at Test level.
Leg-spinner Graeme Cremer and swing bowler Brian Vitori both make comebacks from injury. Cremer will go as the second spinner for the one-off Test match at Napier starting January 26 and will return home afterwards, to be replaced by Prosper Utseya for the rest of the tour.
The two sides will also meet for three One-day Internationals and two Twenty20 matches during February.
Zimbabwe squad: Brendan Taylor (captain), Hamilton Masakadza, Tinotenda Mawoyo, Tatenda Taibu, Malcolm Waller, Ray Price, Elton Chigumbura, Regis Chakabva, Stuart
Matsikenyeri, Foster Mutizwa, Prosper Utseya, Graeme Cremer, Keegan Meth, Kyle Jarvis, Brian Vitori, Shingi Masakadza.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof