Siddle backs impressive Oz to achieve Ashes whitewash
Sydney: Australia fast bowler Peter Siddle has backed Australia to win all five Ashes Tests against England and `keep building` from those wins.
The Australian fast bowling cartel has had an impressive Ashes series, with Siddle cementing his dominance over England batsman Kevin Pietersen for the 10th time in Tests.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, although Siddle is enjoying a break after celebrating the return of the urn, he said that there is unfinished business, adding that Australia wants to get five Test wins and just keep building from them.
Stating that the achievement is the start of something special, Siddle also said that he and his teammates are excited about what is yet to come in the series and beyond, adding that the big picture for Australia is to play competitive cricket against the top-ranked South African team in February and to get back to being world No.1.
Siddle had never played in a winning Ashes series from his three attempts for which he said it felt amazing to finally help his side achieve a victory, adding that it is outstanding the way they have managed to play the way they have been wanting to play.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!