Siddle reiterates Oz pacers are best in world
Sydney: Australian fast bowler Peter Siddle has said he along with Mitchell Johnson and Ryan Harris is best bowling attack in the world, discounting the claim of South African pacers who have made their team No. 1 in Tests.
Siddle on Tuesday joined captain Michael Clarke in declaring the Australian pacers are better than South African trio of Dale Steyn, Morne Morkel and Vernon Philander.
Johnson finished with 37 wickets for the series at an average of 13.97, while Harris took 22 wickets at an average of 19.31 and Siddle 16 at an average of 24.12, Sport24 reports.
Australia climbed to third on the International Cricket Council world rankings, behind South Africa and India, after a 281-run defeat of England in Sydney.
Siddle said the challenge now was to prove it when they tour South Africa in February and March, and added that Australian attack is best and has proved it through their consistent we`ve performance against England throughout the Ashes series.
The Proteas host Australia in three Tests and three T20s starting next month, Sport24 reports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- OMG: Akshay Kumar's bodyguard punches a fan – Details inside
- SHOCKING! Pakistan umpire Aleem Dar's sons involved in major controversy in Scotland - Read full story
- Kerala Assembly Election 2016: Arun Jaitley to release NDA's vision document today
- US wants Pakistan to have dialogue with neighbours
- Hassan Rouhani allies win Iran parliament elections second round: Reports