Siddle reiterates Oz pacers are best in world
Sydney: Australian fast bowler Peter Siddle has said he along with Mitchell Johnson and Ryan Harris is best bowling attack in the world, discounting the claim of South African pacers who have made their team No. 1 in Tests.
Siddle on Tuesday joined captain Michael Clarke in declaring the Australian pacers are better than South African trio of Dale Steyn, Morne Morkel and Vernon Philander.
Johnson finished with 37 wickets for the series at an average of 13.97, while Harris took 22 wickets at an average of 19.31 and Siddle 16 at an average of 24.12, Sport24 reports.
Australia climbed to third on the International Cricket Council world rankings, behind South Africa and India, after a 281-run defeat of England in Sydney.
Siddle said the challenge now was to prove it when they tour South Africa in February and March, and added that Australian attack is best and has proved it through their consistent we`ve performance against England throughout the Ashes series.
The Proteas host Australia in three Tests and three T20s starting next month, Sport24 reports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!