Siddle reiterates Oz pacers are best in world
Sydney: Australian fast bowler Peter Siddle has said he along with Mitchell Johnson and Ryan Harris is best bowling attack in the world, discounting the claim of South African pacers who have made their team No. 1 in Tests.
Siddle on Tuesday joined captain Michael Clarke in declaring the Australian pacers are better than South African trio of Dale Steyn, Morne Morkel and Vernon Philander.
Johnson finished with 37 wickets for the series at an average of 13.97, while Harris took 22 wickets at an average of 19.31 and Siddle 16 at an average of 24.12, Sport24 reports.
Australia climbed to third on the International Cricket Council world rankings, behind South Africa and India, after a 281-run defeat of England in Sydney.
Siddle said the challenge now was to prove it when they tour South Africa in February and March, and added that Australian attack is best and has proved it through their consistent we`ve performance against England throughout the Ashes series.
The Proteas host Australia in three Tests and three T20s starting next month, Sport24 reports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation