Siddle relishes maintaining stranglehold over Pietersen
Johannesburg: Australian paceman Peter Siddle has said that maintaining a `stranglehold` over England batsman Kevin Pietersen gives him a `great deal` of personal pleasure.
Siddle dismissed Pietersen for the tenth time in Tests when the flamboyant batsman mistimed a pull and was caught by Mitchell Johnson in the first innings at the third Ashes Test in Perth.
According to Sport24, Siddle said that he relishes the challenge of bowling to the best in the business even though an in-form Pietersen can tear apart any bowling attack, adding that to see the back of Pietersen is always nice as the South Africa-born player had inflicted a lot of pain on Australia over the years.
Siddle further said that to be the one to get Pietersen brings a lot of joy to him personally and also to the team, adding that a player needs to challenge himself against the best players in the world, among whom Pietersen is also numbered, and try to build as much pressure on them as he can.
Australia took an unassailable 3-0 lead to claim the Ashes back from England, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir