Siddle says ‘home for fast bowlers’ Gabba doesn’t guarantee success against Proteas
Sydney: Australian and Victorian quick Peter Siddle has said winning against the world’s number Test team South Africa at The Gabba in Brisbane, which is also referred to as the home for fast bowlers, won’t be an easy task.
Australia is unbeaten in their past 10 Gabba Tests, but according to Siddle it`s going to take more than just turning up to beat the Proteas in the first Test starting on November 9.
Siddle’s likely new-ball partner James Pattinson claimed six wickets in last summer``s Gabba Test against New Zealand, and also picked up 8-61 at the Gabba last month in a Sheffield Shield clash.
Even off spinner Nathan Lyon, who`s struggling for form and is a possible 12th man, has a seven-wicket haul in his bag from last summer`s Gabba Test.
“Everyone always talks about how it is a home for fast bowlers, a successful place for fast bowlers to go,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Siddle, as saying.
“But having that knowledge, it`s not an easy place. You can`t just turn up there and bowl and think you`re going to do well as a fast bowler,” he added.
“(But) that advantage of past Test matches there will keep us in good stead. James Pattinson has had success up there last year in the Test match and again this summer in the Shield game. If we can all work together we can start off well,” he said.
Meanwhile, South Africa captain Graeme Smith has admitted the Gabba is an unknown factor for the Proteas, who haven``t played a Test in Brisbane since 1963.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head