Siddle slams `cocky` England as having `century of failure`
Sydney: Australian Test cricketer Peter Siddle has hit back at the English insults of his country`s Ashes squad, saying their oldest rivals have a century of failure to make up for.
An English reporter had taunted the Australian squad as the weakest ever Ashes party sent to England during a press conference in Sydney, quipping that the players will need name tags when they come through Heathrow.
The report further said that the reporter`s comments were later picked up by many more in England, one even predicting a `convincing England victory`.
However, Siddle admitted that such talk fired his team instead of depressing them, adding that although England is taunting them, they have been weak for a century when Australia dominated the Ashes series.
Although he admitted that England is performing well currently and are favourites to win the series, Siddle said that even though his team will go as the underdogs, they are sure to win, adding that this is how Australian cricket works.
Stating that the best way of responding to such comments is with a victory early in the series, Siddle said that if they win the first two Test matches, everyone will forget about their previous poor form and take to criticizing England.
Derisory tweets were also posted recently about Australia`s 4-0 loss to India by the likes of former English captain Michael Vaughan and bowler Matthew Hoggard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!