Siddle slams ‘weird’ commentary on his vegetarian diet
Sydney: Australia fast bowler Peter Siddle has said the constant commentary on his vegetarian diet is quite weird, and added that his decision to quit meat has been vindicated by the fact that his stamina has improved. Commentators and former players, including Dennis Lillee, have questioned Siddle’s decision to give up meat, some wondering if it contributed to him pulling out of the series-deciding Test in Perth against South Africa.
However Siddle said he`s had no second thoughts about his diet, even after his exhaustion following 63.5 overs following James Pattinson`s injury in the drawn Adelaide Test. “I struggled (before) to bowl over 50 overs so, to bowl 64, I think that`s an improvement. So I`m probably in a better place than I ever was,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Siddle, as saying. “For people to say that`s the problem and that`s the reason why (I withdrew), they`re the ones kidding themselves. They`re not the ones out there having to do it and having to go through it,” he added.
“To still be bowling 140 Ks in my 64th over at the end of the fifth day in a Test match, that probably shows the improvements,” he said. Siddle is back to lead the Australian attack in the first Test against the Lankans in Hobart, but isn`t expecting the commentary on his food choices to go away. “It is a little bit weird. That`s their opinion. I think everyone`s entitled to an opinion and it`s going to happen,” Siddle said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown